If you love golf and traveling, there is a way to enjoy both at the same time – Scotland, England and Ireland golf tours. Many retirees consider golf tours because of the many things it can offer. If this is your first time considering golf tours, it pays to know what to expect.
To help you get started, here are the things to expect in a golf tour:
The planning process
You should expect the following when planning for a golf tour:
- Minimum length of stay: when you look for a tour, the first thing that you should look into is the minimum length of stay. Some agencies offer 2 to 3 days at the destination while others offer 5 to 7 days. With this, you need to be sure of your timing and your schedule.
- Season: if you are on a budget, it is practical to avoid high seasons because accommodations tend to be expensive. However, if you want to have a blast, you can let the high season for golf as your guide. For instance, if you plan to go to the British Isles, the best time is from May to October or summer.
- Group size: if you want to meet new people, you should expect the tour with a group. The size will depend on the agency but in general, the minimum is 2 and the maximum is 150 travelers. If you ask the experts, the ideal group size is 8 people because it is small enough for everyone to interact easily.
The booking process
After planning, you can finally book Tours & Getaways for Golfers. You should expect the following when booking a golf tour:
- Cost: the cost is fixed in dollars. Once you are sure, you have to make a deposit.
- Confirmation: the arrangements will be confirmed when the last golf club settles the exact tee time back to the agency. This will, of course, depend on the time and the destination but in general, it will be from 7 to 10 months before departure.
- Cancelation: you are free to cancel but it can help if you read the agency’s cancellation policy at the onset before booking.
- Changes: changes can also be made before you travel. You have to determine though if the agency charges a nominal fee.
Before leaving, you should expect the following:
- Travel information: before you leave, you will receive the final travel information. This will keep you guided throughout the trip.
- Transporting clubs: when it comes to transporting clubs, most use hard side golf bag carriers for the airlines. While this can provide excellent protection, they do not store well in a rental car, coach or hotel room. With this, you need to find Club Glove or similar, which can collapse for easy storage.
- Cash: you can bring cash but you must know that most items can be paid via credit cards at your destination. It is better to use your ATM to secure local currency.
On your tour, you should expect the following:
- Sightseeing: the sightseeing schedule including other arrangements are provided in the travel information but if you have suggestions or you want to make other arrangements, you should relay to the agency.
- Meet and greet: you are expected to meet and greet other parties in a group. Depending on the size, you will have an opportunity to interact with others.
- Playing: more importantly, you get to play golf. There is a charm playing golf in other destinations.